A tourist visa is granted for the purpose of tourism (sightseeing, leisure). A tourist visa can only be issued for a single or double entry with a period up to 30 days. Your visa’s validity will be according to the dates stated in your tourist voucher).
The validity of a tourist visa cannot be extended. Once the visa has been issued, it cannot be amended.
Visa application procedure:
Complete the visa application form. As from the 1st of October 2013, all visa applications must to be applied using an Online visa form only.
Please note that your visit details will need to be provided on the application form (e.g. name of host organisation, reference and confirmation numbers, cities to be visited). This information should be retrieved from your Tourist voucher, therefore make sure that you obtained a tourist voucher BEFORE you start completing an on-line form.
After you’ve printed the application form out, amendments by hand are NOT allowed. That is why it is very important to write down your application ID and answer/password to a secret question, to be able to log into the system and make changes in your form if required later.
An online application form can be completed in our office with the professional assistance of our consultant; this would help to avoid any mistakes and to ensure smooth visa processing. An additional surcharge of RM 20 will apply in this case.
Prepare the following documents:
* Printed out online application form;
* Original passport with 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa. Minimum two blank pages should be available for stamping the visa;
* 1 recent passport-size colour photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) on a white background.
* Copy of a residence permit for non-Malaysian passport holders (EP, PEP, PR, DP, S-Pass).
* For Nationals of European Union Member States, China, Iran and Israel, travel insurance covering Russia, which is valid for the whole period of stay in Russia (original and copy);
Visa fee for other nationality, Please contact us
Normal service at the Russian Consulate is 10-15 working days excluding submission day.
Urgent service at the Russian Consulate is 3 working days excluding submission day.
Please note: once your application is submitted for a normal service, it will not be possible to change processing into the urgent service.